Although the research communities studying Predictive Processes and Statistical Learning sprout from different traditions, they share a core interest in how we/our brains pick up on patterns in the environment.
In this event, we will bring together both communities, with the goal of exchanging ideas in a rich and relaxed scientific environment. We will host lectures and round tables by our invited speakers. Attendees will have a chance to present either talks or posters. Plus there will be plenty of time for social activities and informal discussions.
- Floris de Lange - Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition, and Behaviour, Radboud University, Nijmegen
- Nicola Molinaro - BCBL, Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language
- Caspar Schwiedrzik - Neural Circuits and Cognition Lab, European Neuroscience Institute Goettingen. Perception and Plasticity Group, German Primate Center - Leibniz Institute for Primate Research
- Lucia Melloni - Neural circuits, consciousness and cognition research group, Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics. Department of neurology, NYU Grossman School of Medicine
- Maria Chait - Ear Institute, University College London
- Lori Holt - Department of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University
- Ram Frost - Department of Psychology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Clare Press - Department of Psychological Sciences, Birkbeck, University of London. Wellcome Centre for Human Neuroimaging, University College London
Registration to attend in person to the event is limited to 100 participants. Please follow the link on the left side or at the bottom of the page to register. All presentations will be done in person.
People not intending to attend in person can instead participate over Zoom. In order to participate over Zoom, please register using the following link
- Zoom registration link: https://sissa-it.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_0qgRUCodT02MLGmmiQ4tiA
(if you don't plan to attend in person, please do not complete the standard registration)
Abstracts submitted to this event will be evaluated by an independent Scientific Committee. Each abstract will be anonymized and scored by two members of the committee. All presentations will be done in person.
- Alejandro Blenkmann - Front Neurolab - RITMO, Department of Psychology, University of Oslo
- Louisa Bogaerts - Department of Experimental Psychology, Ghent University
- Fabienne Chetail - Lab Cognition Langage et Développement (LCLD), CRCN, Université Libre de Bruxelles
- Abhishek Banerjee - Adaptive Decisions Lab, Biosciences Institute, Newcastle University (https://www.adaptive-decisions.com/)
- Emma Holmes - Department of Speech Hearing and Phonetic Sciences, UCL. Wellcome Centre for Human Neuroimaging, UCL
- Dezső Németh - Lyon Neuroscience Research Center (CRNL), Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (https://www.memoteam.org/)
- Abstract submission deadline: 10th of June
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 27th of June
- Registration deadline: 10th of July
We will offer a shuttle service connecting the city (two different stops) to the venue.
Pick-up times Tuesday 19th:
- Riva del Mandracchio, 4 (in front of the hotel Savoia Excelsior): 8:30
Piazza Guglielmo Oberdan: 8:40
Pick-up times rest of the days:
- Riva del Mandracchio, 4 (in front of the hotel Savoia Excelsior): 8:45
Piazza Guglielmo Oberdan: 8:55
Return time every day:
- Via Beirut, 2–4 (Venue): 17:30
Alternatively, you can use the public transport (Bus number 6), but we strongly recommend using the shuttle service, at least the first day, so that you can find the venue easily.
The event will take place at the Aula Magna of SISSA, located at Via Beirut, 2–4. Please note that this is NOT at the main facilities of SISSA, which are located in Via Bonomea.
Here you can find a map showing the stops of the shuttle and the venue: Map
Social dinner on Wednesday
We will have dinner at Osmiza Verginella Dean (Contovello, 460, 34151 Trieste TS). The place is reachable with public buses 42 and 44. We will meet at Piazza Oberdan at 19:15 to take the bus together.
You can find the itinerary here: Map
Got lost? No worries. Call Yamil: +39 331 893 9111
NOTE: Bus tickets cannot be bought on the bus. They can be bought at shops called "Tabaccheria", or on your phones with the app "Tpl Fvg" (link). One on the bus you should validate your ticket either stamping it, or scanning a QR code with your phone.
Social trip to Piran (Slovenia)
Pick-up times to go to Piran:
- Piazza Guglielmo Oberdan: 9:00
Riva del Mandracchio, 4 (in front of the hotel Savoia Excelsior): 9:10
- 17:00, arriving around 18:00
Body temperature will be measured at the venue. If your temperature is above 37.5 C°, it won't be possible to enter the building. If you experience symptoms that could indicate an infection, you test positive for Covid, or you were in close contact with a person that tested positive for Covid, please let us know and do not attend to the event in person. Keep in mind that the event can still be followed online over Zoom.
Accommodation in Trieste
We will provide shuttle service connecting the city and the venue. We would like to recommend the following affordable accommodations:
- Ostello Hotello
- Hotel Portacavana
- Ostello ControVento
- Albergo Alla Posta
- Residence del Mare (discounted prices if you mention that you are attending TEX2022, hosted by SISSA)